I have been looking for an easy and yummy muffins recipe for quite some time. I am a newbie in baking and I need easy but yummy one, so I can bake some for my little girl's birthday (and I did it!)
I blog hop a lot of baking blogs and I noticed that, Nigella's chocolate chocolate chip muffins are found in most of the baking blogs. Aha, I must try then too!
When I was going through the recipe and methods, I found that it is really simple and easy! What I love the most of this recipe is, electric mixer is not needed! Woohoo, less one thing to wash and clean. :p Simply mix the wet and dry ingredients, and mix them well.
My first try on the Nigella's chocolate chocolate chip muffins. Hubby's colleague commented a bit dry (I guess I accidentally reduced the vegetable oil) and MIL commented not so fragrant (probably no butter involved in this recipe). The rest said good!
I tried again a day before my little girl's birthday party at home, this round, tasted so much better. No dry and the texture is so right, fluffy and moist. :)
Guess the second round was better, as the muffins left no more after the party. :p
As it is super easy recipe, I baked them again for my little girl's birthday party celebration in school. Baked for the kids and the teachers. =)
So now, let's try to bake on your own! =)
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp best quality cocoa powder
175g caster sugar
150g chocolate chips (save 1/4 chips for sprinkling)
90ml vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C.
2. Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar and 3/4 of the chocolate chips into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Pour all the liquid ingredients to another large bowl and mix well.
4. Mix the dry and wet ingredients togather with slow and gentle strokes. Stop stirring once the last traces of flour disappear. Do not overmix. A lumpy batter will ensure the muffins stay moist and fluffy.
5. Spoon the batter into paper muffin cases.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
Enjoy, and tell me after you try!
Happy baking! :)