Friday, June 14, 2013

Bento No# 125: Strawberry Stuffed Cream Cheese Toast

Sorry, sorry and sorry! I am lagging again. I am lagging from update the blog. But you may follow me at instagram @bentowithyenn to get FIRST updates on me. 

I would like to share a recipe here after many requests from instagram and facebook page friends. Please do take note that I am not the one invented this  yummy recipe ya. I am inspired by Honey Bee Sweets. I made a simpler version as I used ready made cream cheese where you can get it easily from any supermarket. 


Strawberry Stuffed Cream Cheese Toast
Recipe adapted from Honey Bee Sweets

Ingredients
1. 4 slices of bread
2. 2-3 fresh strawberries
3. cream cheese
4. 1 large egg
5. 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
6. a pinch of salt and pepper
7. 1 tbsp butter

Method
1. Break the large egg in a large bowl and whisk the egg. 
2. Add the cinnamon powder, a pinch of salt and pepper to the egg and whisk again. Leave aside.
3. Spread the cream cheese on one side of bread, of each bread.
4. Top the sliced strawberries on top of cream cheese and covered it with another bread.
5. Heat the non stick pan at medium low fire. 
6. Melt the butter in the pan. 
7. Slowly and gently dip the whole bread into the egg mixture. Please take not do not soak it too long as it will end up too soggy. Just to ensure that the bread is well covered by the egg mixture.
8. Carefully place the dipped bread into the pan and let it fried about 8 minutes on each side, or until it becomes golden brown. 
9. Repeat the same with another stuffed bread.
10. Cut them into half and dust some icing sugar on top before serving. I omitted this step. 
11. It is ready to serve now. 

It is easy recipe and you may try it at your own. Let me know your verdict after you try. :)

No comments: