Thursday, October 10, 2013

Bread Pudding

Many asked, what do I do with my leftover cut-outs bread from my bento. So, I am just sharing what I do for my left-over cut-outs bread today. In the beginning of my bento journey, which started last year, I would usually kept them in airtight container. My maid would usually ate them as breakfast. But my maid had left us middle of last year, so no one consuming the leftover bread then. My parent in law will occasionally toast them in the oven and have it as breakfast too. Now, I keep the leftover bread in the freezer. I will use to make bread pudding, as breakfast or tea break. :)


I bake them in a oven safe glass tray. You can use little ramekin if you have. :)

Ingredients
the leftover cut out bread
2 eggs, beaten
1 tbs melted butter
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
Some raisins (optional)
Some chocolate chips (optional)

Method
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Spread the cut out breads into the tray. Drizzle melted butter over the bread.
3. Combine eggs, milk, sugar, ground cinnamon and vanilla extra togather. Beat until well mixed.
4. Pour over the mixture over the bread. Make sure the bread is well covered and soaking up the egg mixture by using a fork to push them a little.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
6. Sprinkle with raisins and chocolate chips.

No comments: