I have been wanting to make panda cookies for quite some time but I dragged until now. Guess it is perfect time for me to bake for the kids in my daughter's school for her birthday celebration. I was indeed very excited to bake this cute cookies as I never try baking cartoon cookies before. But to be honest, it is quite time consuming to bake this cute panda cookies. =.= End up, I kept my leftover dough in the fridge for next day baking (I baked at night and it took me more than 2 hours to complete 45 cookies!). So you may want to consider to reduce the ingredients into half if you would like to try this recipe.
The essential thing that you need for this panda cookie is definitely the panda cookie cutter. You may get them here, or here.
So, here are the ingredients you need:-
180g plain flour + 20g corn flour (A)
150g plain flour + 20g corn flour + 30g good quality cocoa powder (B)
200g butter, soften at room temperature
160g castor sugar (I reduced to 150g)
2 egg yolks
panda cookie cutters
1. Cream the soften butter and castor sugar with electric mixer, by adding in the sugar in 3 additions, until pale and fluffy.
2. Add in egg yolk and mixed well, one at a time.
3. Divide the dough into two mixing bowl. Add (A) to one of the dough, and (B) to another dough.
4. Mixed well with spatula and form a ball with your hands and put the dough into large ziplock bag each. Roll them a little using roller and keep them refrigerated for 30 minutes.
5. Take out the dough, roll them and cut using the panda cookie cutter.
6. If the dough appear hard or breaks easily, leave them awhile in room temperature to soften it a little.
7. Place the cutted dough on the baking paper.
8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170 degrees for about 15 minutes.