It is public holiday in Malaysia today (Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad), so my little darling does not need to go to class and my hubby is off as well. Poor mommy got to work as the Company does not observe this day as public holiday. Boooooo!!!!
So, there is no bento for today. But thought of sharing my baking project which I did 2 weeks ago. Cindy from The Baking Biatch (her blog is currently down) shared this easy recipe, Cornflakes cookies. I love cornflakes cookies and I used to bought from others in the past years. I love Cindy's blog as all her recipes come with step by step pictorial!! How useful for people like me. Hee...
I doubled up all the ingredients as the one butter block is 227g, compared to the recipe of which only need 100g of unsalted butter. However, I creamed the butter and sugar until pale before adding in the eggs and flour. The correct way is cream the butter and sugar until it is well mix. Not necessary to be pale. Anyway, it is still turn out to be so fragrant and crunchy!!! My hubby who does not really fancy cookies gives two thumbs up on the cookies. *blush blush* Hee. I plan to bake more for relatives and family for this coming CNY. :)
Cornflakes Cookies recipe
100g unsalted butter
100g castor sugar1 egg
175 self-raising flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
2. Add the soften butter to castor sugar until well mixed.
3. Add in the egg and mix well.
4. Finally add in the flour and mix well again.
5. Scoop one tsp of cookie dough and roll them into a ball.
6. Finally roll the cookie ball to the crushed cornflakes and ensure that the ball is well coated with crushed cornflakes.
7. Use spoon or fork to flatten the dough a bit after you place it on the baking tray (line the baking tray with parchment paper).
8. Bake them in the oven for about 15-20mins or until they are turn light brown.