Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bento No# 40: Mini Valentine's Day Bento

I have a project this morning. I prepared total of 11 mini valentine's bento for all my colleagues. Actually I have this idea few weeks back already but I feel wierd if I give them on anyday. Thus, I think it is a great idea to give them on valentine's day!

I bought the plastic box, mango flavour konyaku jelly powder a day earlier. I made the konyaku jelly and cut the love shape bread the night before. My niece, Chloe was keep standing beside me to help me. She helped me to put the fruits to the jelly mould and also cut the bread in love shape! Then, I keep the bread in the air tight container.

In the morning, I only need to boiled the mini wieners. While waiting for the mini wieners, I spread the love shape sandwhich with nutella and arrange nicely in the small plastic box. I cut the mini wieners into half and secured it with handmade "cupid arrow". It looks like the love with the cupid arrow. While waiting for the mini wieners to cool, I packed the konyaku jelly. Then put in the love shape mini wiener to the box and it is all done.

11 mini valentine's bento
Last but not least, a small note on the box. All set. :)

Happy with my very first bento sharing :)
As I mentioned in my previous post, hubby was outstation and therefore, he did not have one. We did not celebrate either. No surprises, no gifts, no dinner, no card ( sometimes, I do wish for surprises, but I know it is hardly happen). However, he did wish me "happy valentine" this morning. At least he knows that this day is valentine's day. Not too bad after all.

2 comments:

Bou Shin said...

These are so cute! I love the little boxes and notes - I hope you had a happy Valentine's Day, though...even without the surprises! ^^

Unknown said...

So cute to pack them into little boxes. And it's so sweet of u to prepare this surprise for your colleagues. :)